Rapid Transformational Hypnotherapy
Solution Focused Hypnotherapy for Children
Hypnotherapy allows children to use their brilliant imagination to solve their difficulties. Their ability to visualise allows them to work through their problems using the power of their mind. Hypnotherapy allows a child to cope and take control of negative thoughts and beliefs allowing children to just get on with living a full and rewarding life.
"Your child can flourish"
Children can be affected tremendously by simple comments or behaviours such as -
- Someone might say to a child how plump they look which can translate to the child that they believe they are fat, triggering a life time of eating issues or yo yo dieting causing weight gain.
- If a child is constantly pushed to perform better by parents it can lead to a child believing they are never good enough and never happy with themselves.
- A teacher might make a quick comment saying they are not good at a particular subject which knocks a child’s confidence in that subject, for the rest of their lives.
- The biggest influence on your child is yourself and how you yourself interact with the world and respond to life, so be happy yourself.. Children pick up your fears and stresses so the first thing you can do is be aware that your words and actions will be influencing them in a daily basis. A parent might have a fear, addiction, low self-esteem, depression or OCD and this can easily be transferred to the child. Such as a Mum or Dad constantly washing hands for the fear of germs, this can be easily transferred causing the fears, compulsions and rituals in the child.
- Boys and girls at any age are easily influenced by body images in the media and begin to aspire to look a certain way. This can mean they compare themselves to others often leaving them feeling insecure about themselves causing eating disorders and body image problems.
- Children will also often worry about things they see or hear on the news or social media which lead to anxieties as they build up images in their minds of this happening to them and their families. Children are mirrors, they reflect back to us all we say and do.
"Children are mirrors, they reflect back to us all we say and do"
Hypnotherapy can help children with:
- Confidence and Self-Esteem
- Stress and Anxiety
- Phobias and Fears
- Social Anxiety
- Bed Wetting
- Sleep Issues
- Exam Nerves
- Fears and Phobias
- Parents’ divorce or Loss of a loved one
- Audition confidence
- Sports & Dance performance
- Body image
- Peer pressure
- Wanting to please parents
- Nail biting
- Dentist or hospital
How does Hypnotherapy help?
Hypnotherapy is relaxing, calming and teaches children how to take control over their fears so they can lower their anxiety levels. We use a combination of hypnosis, positive visualisation trance, neuro linguistic programming, cognitive behavioural therapy, confidence building, breathing techniques and mindfulness to help move forward to a thriving life. Creating improved connections between the brain and the body for good foundations for life. Children thrive on what they really love to do so listening to the child is vital, to drive therapy forward.
"Learn, have fun and thrive"
The Importance of Sleep
Children often experience problems with their sleep, this can be for many reasons such as worrying, fears or stress and anxiety. However one of the major culprits with sleep problems today is staying up too late playing with, phones, tablets, games, TV and computers. We focus on improving quality of sleep as well as relaxation and stress reduction to create a quiet mind. This helps children in the waking day immensely allowing them to cope better at school or at home.
When children are thriving they think and behave differently which makes it an easier life all round, they are more likely to –
“Concentration can be cultivated, you can learn to exercise willpower, discipline your body and train your mind.”
- Increased confidence and self-esteem
- More honest and cooperative
- Understand their emotions
- More disciplined
- Socialise and build relationships better
- Perform at school, sport, dance etc. better
- Follow rules with ease
- Not afraid of not doing things too perfectly
- Increased optimism
- More creative and passionate about life
- Enjoy life and play
- Try new things and face new adventures
- Refraining from breaking rules or reckless behaviour
Hypnosis is a great way to get children back on track with their thinking allowing them to feel good about themselves and the environment they live in.
"Awaken the greatness within"
At the Beardwood Practice we treat children from aged nine and children under sixteen need to be accompanied by adults.
Hypnosis is completely natural, safe & relaxing. You will remain conscious and in complete control during the treatment.
All client data is kept strictly confidential & I am DBS checked.
Session Fee - £80.00 each session including CDs or MP3 (Block bookings 6 sesssions- 9yrs to 16yrs £400.00, a saving of £80.00, payment made prior to sessions)
We offer a free initial consultation before any treatment begins at the Bourne Practice